Infant Safe Sleep Program
Every week in Ohio… 3 babies die in unsafe sleep environments. We are here to help.
- Mothers must meet the same income requirements as WIC
- Babies must be less than one year in age
- mothers must be 32 or more weeks pregnant
- Home does not provide a safe place for a baby to sleep
- if you already have a safe crib or pack-n-play you are ineligible
What You Need to Know:
Either the mother and/or father (or legal guardian(s)) must attend a safe sleep training session at the Belmont County Health Department [about 30 minutes]. Appointments can be made any time during pregnancy. However, training cannot be conducted until the mother is past the 32 week mark of her pregnancy.
Please call and schedule your appointment with Jaclyn Yahn.