WIC is a nutrition education program that provides supplemental food to promote good health for pregnant and postpartum women, breastfeeding mothers, infants and children up to the age of five.
Income should be within the following guidelines:
- Family of 2 gross $2,504 monthly
- Family of 3 gross $3,149 monthly
- Family of 4 gross $3,793 monthly
- Family of 5 gross $4,437 monthly
Women who are:
- Pregnant: as soon as you know you are pregnant
- Breastfeeding: up to one year post-delivery
- Non-breastfeeding: up to 6 months post-delivery
- Infants and children: birth to 5 years
Working families are encouraged to apply!
Note: A pregnant woman counts as more than one family member. A person who currently receives Medicaid, food stamps, or Ohio Works First (OWF) automatically meets the income eligibility criteria for WIC.
WIC provides nutrition education; breastfeeding education and support; supplemental, highly nutritious foods such as cereal, eggs, milk, whole grain foods, fruits, vegetables, and iron-fortified infant formula; and referral to prenatal and pediatric health care and other maternal and child health and human service programs.
Applications for New Clients
A WIC clinic is available in all counties across Ohio.
Belmont County WIC
3201 Belmont Street
Bellaire, OH 43906
1-888-588-3423 (After Hours Breastfeeding Helpline)